Occupational Therapy is a health profession devoted to helping people with motor and behavior problems learn how to perform purposeful activities. For a child this may include a variety of play activities. This may include making a mudpie, climbing, jumping, buttoning, getting dressed, feeding self, drawing and writing. A child's "occupation" is learning through play.
At O.T. Etc,Inc. we provide evaluation and therapy services. The following are our highlighted areas of Occupational Therapy expertise:
- Sensory Integration techniques.
- Sensory Diets and home programs.
- ADL (activities of daily living) training to include:dressing, self-care, feeding, and utensil use to name a few.
Interactive Metronome (IM)
- Therapeutic Listening(R):Listening with the Whole Body (Vital Links)- Auditory Integration programming.
- Handwriting training (with the Handwriting Without Tears program).
- Upper body and fine motor strengthening.
We specialize in pedatrics, accepting most children up to 13 years of age. Some common diagnostic categories include:
- Feeding aversion and oral motor/oral sensitivities.
- Developmental delays.
- Sensory integration dysfunction.
- William's Syndrome, Fragile X, Down's Syndrome, etc.
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (PDD)